Saturday, August 13, 2011

Again? Ugh.

It happened again, the sleep paralysis/nightmare thing.  I hate it.  No grey areas, there, pure hate.  I hate my sleep interrupted, I hate feeling terrified for no good reason, I hate not being able to DO anything about this.  It sucks.  At least it happened not too long before I had to be up anyway, stupid early shift.  Although attempting to get ready for work with cold sweats is also not any fun.  I was so disoriented, I didn't realize the shirt I was sleeping in was old enough to have all these ratty holes and rips in the back of it.  Oh well. 

Medication shouldn't be an option, I think.  Not for me.  I don't want to have to pop a pill to sleep like a human being, that just bothers me.  For allergies?  Sure.  Not for sleeping.  I'm going to look into possible dietary changes, see if I need to eat more or less of something so I can make this stop.

And yes, I realize the hypocrisy of using Ny-Quil to help me conk out.  I don't like using it, but it works.  And I don't feel like an alien when I wake up.  

1 comment:

  1. Well, I have good news and bad news. You can be suffering from one of two things. Either a Succubus (or worse) has found you, or you are a victim of Awareness during Sleep Paralysis.

    Link for Succubus: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Succubus

    Link for Awareness during Sleep Paralysis:
    http://www.trionica.com/asp/phenomena/index.htm

    Hopefully one of these may be able to help you.

    ReplyDelete