Friday, August 26, 2011

Not okay.

Far from it.  I found one of my foxes...ripped apart today while I was walking home from work.  I could tell which one it was, I recognized the notched ear almost immediately.  And it wasn't traffic, I cut through a field on my way to and from work.  It looked like something much bigger got a hold of her.  Or maybe a lot of smaller things, I'm not exactly an expert.  I left my dinner a few feet away from her, I couldn't stop it from coming back up.  The smell was just too much.  Poor thing, I liked her.  She was always the one showing off the dead birds she caught, I'd always see her on my way home from a late closing shift.

I know I probably shouldn't get so worked up over an animal that could have given two shits about me, but it still bothers me.  A lot. 

I never really had pets growing up, what with being allergic to everything with fur.  So it was always fish, lizards, or the occasional bird.  Nothing I could really play with or get attached to.  So that's why the foxes accepting my dinner invitations was kind of a big deal for me.  And now one of them's gone.  I don't even know if her brother (that's me assuming) will even come back around.  Which just makes me worry that the same thing will happen to him if he does.

I'm...that's all I have for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment