Saturday, September 17, 2011

Can't sleep again...

I don't keep liquor in the house because I'm afraid I'd turn into one of those sad alcoholics that drinks at home, alone.  Even if passing out drunk would mean rest of some sort, I don't want to turn into that.  I figured since I shared my hangups about pills, I'd go ahead and share my hangups about booze.  It's only fair, right?  Right. 

My unidentified predator is making noise again.  I'm past thinking it's a person, because no way could a human being make noises like that.  What really bothers me is that when I ask my neighbors if they've heard it, none of them have.  And this isn't some shifty-eyed evade the question kind of response, I can tell they legitimately have no clue what I'm talking about.  Which means the noise is real and is only meant for me, or I've walked into hallucination country and missed the signpost somewhere along the way.  Neither option thrills me, really. 

I haven't seen the other fox around, and I stopped putting food out once his counterpart got mauled.  I hope he's okay, that he ran for the foothills or another neighborhood that lacks big scary monsters.  The fact that I'm discussing monsters as if they were a fact and not a product of my fatigued brain also doesn't alarm me as much as it should.  I'm choosing to blame the internet for no good reason. 

Now if you don't mind, I'm going to putter around my house until I either collapse from exhaustion or the noises stop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment