Saturday, October 1, 2011

Well, that was fun.

I need to not drink so much when I hang out with my brother.  Ugh.

Nothing weird so far this week.  Although I think I did remember something.  I apologize if this is a bit disjointed, it happened while I was in the hospital.  Fourteen years ago. 

I...I was in the hospital for self-inflicted reasons.  I'm leaving it at that, other than to say I flatlined twice while they attempted to resuscitate me.  They were about to pronounce me dead if the final attempt hadn't worked.  Which it did.  So for the briefest of moments there, I was dead.  Fortunately, I don't really remember anything between me arriving in the emergency room and waking up a day later in the ICU.  After I awoke, they moved me to a private room to recover. 

That is not the weird part.  That is avoiding a million "why were you in the hospital" comments that I don't have patience for.  

I had almost forgotten that I had a nightmare while I was in my hospital room.  One I'd been trying to forget.  It was similar to the others, but being in a hospital bed meant I was lying on my back instead of my stomach.  Light spilled in from the hallway, making everything in the room feel cold and pallid.  The sound of nurses padding around the halls was slowly and almost imperceptibly replaced with the sound of something clicking on the linoleum.  I stopped hearing anything that resembled a human, as an elongated shadow loped toward my door.  A creature loomed into view, hazy and shadowed from the now distorted lighting coming from the hall.  It was the size of a large dog, or a man crawling on all fours.  I couldn't make out any features, but it seemed hairless. 

It pawed its way over to my bed, sniffing and...letting a wet moan of some sort rumble up from wherever its throat was.  It reached my bed and put a paw on my leg.

The next thing I remember is the nurse coming in to check on me, with no monster in sight.  I asked my brother if he remembered anything like that, and he just looked at me like I was a crazy person.  I'm unsure if that means he's not being stalked, or he just doesn't WANT to remember.

Either way, I'm going to try and sleep.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment